The proposed park and ride scheme on the old Puttocks/Tony Purslow site was approved by the Planning Committee on 13/02/10
Helen Ward the WBDRA Secretary spoke persuasively against the proposal as did Cllr Fiona White. In the end it was a close call, the proposal was approved by 12 votes to 10.
Proposed Park & Ride on the old Tony Purslow / Puttocks dealership Westway
04/12/09 GBC are still having problems posting items on their website about this planning application. Several people have written in and complained about the non-appearance of comments & objections and Anne Milton MP has also written to GBC about the problem.
27/11/09 This issue made it to the Surrey Advertiser today where St Josephs School Head and WBDRA were featured. The article is in our Library Section headed "Puttocks Park & Ride....."
25/11/09 It was noted today that only 60 objections had been posted on the GBC website...they told me some weeks ago that there were 84 waiting to be posted. Additionally we observed that the objections sent in by David and myself via the website on 6 November had not been posted...nor had many of the objection flyers delivered by hand to the council offices on 10th.
The bad news is there have been 106 communications in favour of the development. GBC said they had received 400.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you all who have objected .Although closing date for objections is supposed to be 10 November... this is not guaranteed. So keep sending them in.
What are the council proposing to do?
The development proposals involve the demolition of the existing car dealership building and the construction of a 213 space private car park with security barriers and a security hut at the site access.
Here you can view all of the plans for the proposed park and ride.
Planning application & Supporting Docs
How can you object?
You can pick up a objection pack from Patrick Ward who will be standing inside St. Joseph's school gate on Westway side of the school at the end of the school day untill Friday 6th November 2009.
If you have recived a objection pack please complete and hand to Helen or Patrick Ward 22 Westway Guildford, Surrey GU2 8HA by Monday 9th November 2009.
Also we would like to ask as many of you as can to object to this application. The WBDRA objection is attached - it's lengthy & detailed but please cut & paste parts of it if you wish and e-mail your objection to email@example.com . Please quote; "re Planning Application 09/P/01575 - Puttocks Showroom Car Park" in the message bar or subject line of your e-mail.
What you can put in the e-mail?
- Increased traffic at peak times adding to congestion & exhaust pollution
- Concerns about the safety of OAPs living along Westway, likewise the children to-ing & fro-ing from St Josephs School
- Loss of amenity as Allotment tenants will lose their parking spaces by the main gate with no realistic alternative being offered
- This is not a good location for a Park & Ride scheme. Essentially it is a plan to remove traffic problems from Egerton Road and dump them on our doorstep
- There has been no proper public consultation.
- RSCH Management should think about this again. Hospital staff should entitled to Car Parking so why not make an arrangement with the University who are closer and one of areas' largest land owners?
We have until Tues10th November to get our objections in to the council
All objections must be completed Monday 9th November 2009.
Received objections: 64
Page Last Updated - 20/07/2010